Summary: Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme 2022 Apply Online – Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme Online Registration, Eligibility & Benefits | Yashaswini Card Apply Online, Renewal & Download, Hospital List, Features, Benefits and Check Online Application Status at Official Website.
Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme 2022
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme provides cost-effective medical facilities to the farmers in Karnataka, who are members of co-operative societies registered with the Department of co-operatives. The scheme is designed to offer cover to informal workers in the lower-middle-class income and middle-income groups. It offers wide coverage for more than 800 procedures (Orthopaedic, Angioplasty, Neurology, etc) to the insured. This program is carried out in collaboration with the Government of Karnataka by the Department of Cooperatives. It makes use of the money earned by cooperative societies through the Yeshasvini trust to provide the rural unorganized workers with affordable access to the necessary healthcare facilities.
All Applicants who are willing to apply online application then download the official notification and read all eligibility criteria and application process carefully. We will provide short information about “Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme 2022” like Scheme Benefit, Eligibility Criteria, Key Features of Scheme, Application Status, Application process and more.
Table of Content
Table of Contents
- 1 Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme 2022
- 2 Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme 2022: Online Application Form
- 3 Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme 2022 – Overview
- 4 Yeshasvini Health Insurance Card
- 4.1 Coverage Provided by the Scheme
- 4.2 Required Document for Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme
- 4.3 Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- 4.4 Objectives of Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme 2022
- 4.5 Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme Benefits
- 4.6 Features and Benefits of the Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme
- 5 How to Apply for Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme 2022: Online Application Form
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme or Yeshasvini Co-operative Farmers Health Care Scheme was launched by the Karnataka State Government on 14 November 2002 by S.M. Krishna, the former Chief Minister of Karnataka. The main aim of the scheme is to offer health insurance coverage to ryots (tenant farmers or peasants), who are members of co-operative societies in Karnataka.
Under the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme, farmers are provided coverage up to Rs. 2.5 lakh at minimum premium payment of Rs. 250/- on an annual basis. Under this scheme, farmers can get coverage for medical emergencies for their family members.
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme Administration
The administration of this program is described in full in the table below:
|Department of Cooperation||Along with keeping an eye on the entrance of beneficiaries, it reviews the total publicity needed for the program.|
|Cooperative societies||To Enroll beneficiaries in the scheme|
|Network hospitals||To Provide all medical resources to program beneficiaries, with restrictions|
|Management Support Service Provider (IRDA licensed)||oversees the resolution of claims and other administrative issues matters|
|Yeshasvini Cooperative Farmers Health Care Trust Board||Meets once every three months to discuss key policy issues and to examine the distribution of funds under the scheme.|
Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme 2022 – Overview
|Name of Scheme||Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme|
|Launched by||Karnataka Government|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of the State|
|Scheme Objective||Providing health insurance|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Name of State||Karnataka|
|Post Category||Scheme/ Yojana/ Yojna|
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Card
Yeshasvini Health card is a unique ID card that enables the members to avail treatment at healthcare facilities. By displaying the card at the hospital, the scheme holder can avail treatment at the network hospital for cashless hospitalization service. The card is issued at the time of policy purchase and can be renewed at all cooperative societies.
Coverage Provided by the Scheme
Farmers can receive coverage up to Rs. 2.5 lakh under the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme for an annual premium payment of no less than Rs. 250. Farmers who participate in this program are covered for family members’ medical crises.
List of Medical Services Covered by Yeshasvini Health Insurance Program
The Yeshasvini health program was put into place for the members of Urban & Rural Co-operative Societies, and it covers the following fees for surgery and treatment:
|General Surgery||Gynecology Surgery|
|Orthopedic, Pediatric, cardiothoracic Surgery||Cardiac Arrest|
|Neurological Surgery||Neonatal Intensive Care|
|Normal Delivery||Dog bite|
|Surgical Oncology||Accidents during operation of agricultural implements|
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme Exclusions
Any of the following medical procedures are not covered by the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme.
|Kidney transplant||Heart transplant|
|Diagnostic investigations||Road accidents|
|Burns||Vaccination or inoculation|
|Dialysis||Skin treatment or grafting|
|Cosmetic surgery||Cost of vitamins, or sanitary items|
|Dental surgery||Joint replacement surgery|
|Post-surgery follow-up treatment||Inpatient medical treatment|
Network Hospitals Included in Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
According to the Yeshasvini Co-operative Farmers Health Care Scheme, there are around 572 network hospitals. The number of network hospitals in Karnataka is displayed in the table below.
|District Name||Number of network hospitals|
Required Document for Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Important Document to Apply Online:
- Age proof
- Address Proof
- A document attesting to a person’s membership in rural or urban cooperative societies
Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Beneficiary Eligibility Criteria:
|Age Limit||People who are younger than 75 years old can apply for the program|
|Period||Beginning on August 1 and ending on July 31|
|Eligible members||Before the start of the scheme’s first six months, a person can join a cooperative society. Members of rural cooperative societies Members of cooperative societies for weavers Self-help organizations addressing cooperative society Beedi Workers Cooperative Societies members Fisherman cooperative society members|
|Availability||Even if they are not members of the rural cooperative society, the family members of the primary recipient are nonetheless entitled to receive benefits under this program.|
|Coverage||Karnataka Cities and Corporations’ rural areas are not covered.|
|Enrolment||The following information is provided regarding enrollment under this program: Every year, the Government of Karnataka’s Department of Cooperation releases enrolment and renewal rules. The enrollment of beneficiaries and premium collection is assisted by the Deputy Registrar of Cooperative Societies and Cooperative Development Officers, among others. The funds are sent from District Central Cooperative Banks to Apex Bank in Bangalore after being collected. In the first year, a letter was issued by the district registrar of cooperatives. Photo ID cards were distributed during the second year. Since 2008, main members have received enrollment paperwork for Unique Health Identification. Details about the primary beneficiary, his or her family, relationships, and other information are included in the enrollment form.|
Objectives of Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme 2022
Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme Benefits
The medical benefits available under Yeshasvini Health Care Scheme can be listed as follows:
|Benefits||Extent of Cover|
|Surgical procedures||Up to 823 types identified by the Yeshasvini Trust|
|Emergency medical treatment||Covered for emergencies such as dog bite, snake bite, drowning, electric shocks, accidents that occur while handling agricultural equipment, angioplasty, normal delivery, neonatal care, etc.|
|Cost of surgery||Sub-limits as specified in the surgery list|
Features and Benefits of the Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme
- Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme was launched by the former Chief Minister of Karnataka, S.M.Krishna in the year 2003 to offer comprehensive coverage to farmers who are members of the state co-operative societies.
- Member contribution for rural scheme is Rs.300 per year, and the contribution for urban scheme is Rs.710 per year.
- For SC/ST members, the government offers subsidy up to Rs.600.
- Farmers who are members of the state cooperative society at least for 3 months are the key beneficiaries under this scheme.
- Yeshasvini Health Insurance can be availed by a newborn baby as well as by anyone below the age of 75 years.
- Members of self-help groups, weavers, fishermen cooperative societies, ‘beedi’ workers, and Stree Shakti groups qualify for Yeshasvini card facility.
- Coverage under this scheme starts from June 1st and ends on May 31st of every year.
- There are over 730 network hospitals that provide treatment under the Yeshasvini medical insurance scheme.
- The scheme offering coverage to people in over 30 districts of Karnataka is managed by the Yeshasvini Cooperative Health Care Trust registered under the Indian Trust Act 1882.
How to Apply for Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme
In order to register for this scheme, the applicant must be a member of the Cooperative societies at least for 3 months. The new enrolment for the Karnataka Yeshasvini scheme is done at all respective corporative societies from May to June every year. The local cooperative society signs up a member, issues a receipt, and deposits the premium amount before the commencement of the plan year. The main member receives a Unique Health Identification (UHID) form, which needs to be furnished while seeking healthcare services.
All Eligible Applicants who want to apply to this scheme then read all instructions carefully and follow the given below steps to apply online application form:
Steps to Register for Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme?
- The applicant must have been a member of the cooperative societies for at least three months to register for this program.
- Every year, from May to June, new enrollment for the Karnataka Yeshasvini plan is completed at all relevant corporative organizations.
Procedure to Apply Online Yeshasvini Card Application Form
You can apply for Yeshasvini Card Online by following these steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of SAHAKARA SINDHU, the official website of the Department of Cooperation, Karnataka.
Step 2: Register for the co-operative society.
Step 3: Click on ‘Apply online for Yeshasvini Health Card’
Step 4: Fill up the registration form
Step 5: After submission of the form you will get a user ID and password
Step 6: Go back to the homepage and login with the user ID and password
Step 7: You will see the Yeshasvini Health Card form
Step 8: Fill up the form with the required information and submit it.
Implementation Strategy for the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme:
A beneficiary approaches any of the Network Hospitals, following which, a coordinator reviews the former’s UHID card and enrollment fee and approves preliminary diagnosis In case, a surgery is required, a pre-authorization requests are sent to MSP. Subject to the established limits, the beneficiary may receive cashless treatment for any surgery. The network hospitals send the patient’s signed bill summary and other necessary papers to MSP for claims processing. The network hospitals are paid by the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme Trust via MSP within 45 days after receiving the invoices.
Implementing Steps for the Yashasvini Health Insurance Scheme
The Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme is being implemented by 730 network hospitals with ties to the trust. Both public and private hospitals are included. The trust authorizes the network hospitals to provide medical services under the empanelment standards. Through these 730 network hospitals, the Management Support Service Provider (MSP) makes arrangements for cashless hospitalization. The following steps are involved in implementing the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme:
- The Yeshasvini beneficiary visits a network hospital that the trust recognises and approves of.
- A coordinating officer of the network hospital will examine the beneficiary’ UHID card.
- Beneficiary must pay an enrollment fee.
- Then the patient has to undergo initial diagnosis and few basic medical tests.
- Depending on the initial diagnosis, the network hospital will send a pre-authorisation request online with supporting documents to the MSP.
- Doctors appointed by the MSP will examine the request and approval will be given within a day.
- Making note of the limits specified under the scheme, cashless treatment will be provided to the beneficiary by the network hospital.
- After discharge, the network hospital will submit the original bills, discharge summary, and other medical documents to the MSP for settling the claim.
- The trust will settle the claim to the network hospital through the MSP within 45 days of receipt of the documents.
|Enrollment Process||July to October|
|Launching Process||1st June to 31st May|