Short Brief: पंजाब फ्री स्मार्टफोन योजना ਪੰਜਾਬ ਮੁਫਤ ਸਮਾਰੋਹ ਯੋਜਨਾ – [Apply Online] Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme 2021 – Online Registration, Captain Amarinder Singh Smartphone Application Form, Eligibility, Features, Benefits and Check Online Application Status at Official Website.
|Short Scheme Details|
|Name of Scheme: Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme
Application Status: Active
Scheme Benefit: Free 1.78 lakh Smartphones provide to School Students Class 11 & 12
|Table of Content|
Table of Contents
|Published on: 08/06/2020|
|Updated on: 10/15/2020
Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme 2021: पंजाब फ्री स्मार्टफोन योजना
Latest News Update:
- The Punjab government said Monday it will start distributing smartphones to students for free on August 12. To avoid large gatherings, the launch of the distribution scheme will be organised at 26 different locations in Chandigarh and Punjab.
- All district headquarters and some major towns will be covered on this day.
Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh today launched Rs 92 crores 'Punjab Smart Connect Scheme' by personally handing over smartphones to 6 Class XII students in a symbolic gesture. Under this scheme, 1,74,015 Class XII students will get smartphones by Nov: Chief Minister's Office pic.twitter.com/nLsgbCTiPi
— ANI (@ANI) August 12, 2020
- The scheme will benefit 1,74,015 class 12 students of government schools in the first phase which will be completed by November this year.
- A total of 1.11 lakh beneficiaries of the scheme are from rural areas.
- Among the 1,74,015 class 12 students being covered under the first phase, 94,832 belong to the Scheduled Caste category and 36,555 are OBC.
- The Punjab Cabinet on Wednesday paved the way for distribution of 1.78 lakh smartphones to class 12 students of state government schools by November.
The distribution of the first batch of 50,000 phones, which has already been received by the state government, will begin shortly, an official spokesperson said. News Source: PTI
Punjab Cabinet paves the way for distribution of 1.78 lakh smartphones to Class 12 students of state government schools by November. Distribution of the first batch of 50,000 phones will begin shortly, says official.
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) August 5, 2020
Punjab Govt. Free Smartphone Scheme 2021 Apply Online
Summary: Very good news for the youth of Punjab. The state cabinet, following its election promise, approved the plan to give smartphones to the youth of the state for free. A government release has given information about this decision of the state government. Punjab Government has taken up the initiative to distribute over 1.7 lakh smartphones to all students of class 11th and 12th. The main objective is to empower young people and connect them digitally to facilitate online learning on priority during the COVID-19 crisis.
All Candidates who are willing to apply online application then download official notification and read all eligibility criteria and application process carefully. We will provide short information about “Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme 2021” like Scheme Benefit, Eligibility Criteria, Key Features of Scheme, Application Status, Application process and more.
|Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme 2021 – Overview|
|Name of Scheme||Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme|
|in Hindi Language||पंजाब फ्री स्मार्टफोन योजना|
|Launched by||By Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh|
|Beneficiaries||11th, 12th students of government school|
|Major Benefit||Free 1.78 lakh Smartphones provide to School Students Class 11 & 12|
|Scheme Objective||Providing smart phones for free|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Name of State||Punjab|
|Post Category||Scheme/ Yojana|
|Official Website||Not Available|
|Starting Date to Apply Online||NA|
|Last Date to Apply Online||NA|
|Apply Online||Registration | Login|
|Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme 2021||Official Website|
Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme 2021 Application Form
The cabinet noted that four months of the academic year 2020-21 had already elapsed without regular on-campus classes, while private schools were undertaking online classes, the students of government schools faced a competitive disadvantage, especially those studying in class 12.
Objectives of Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme 2021
The scheme was aimed at providing digital access to youth, as well as information regarding education, career opportunities, access to skill development and employment opportunities, in addition to basic citizen-centric services through government applications.
Key Features of the Smartphone
Punjab Government’s Mobile Phones to the Youth scheme will provide basic smartphone to the students of Class 11 and Class 12 students. The phones to be distributed by the government would come with various features including:
- Touchscreen Interface
- Camera Unit
- Internet Connectivity
- Social Media Apps and others
The phones will be equipped with various smart features such as touch screen, camera and pre-loaded government applications like ‘e-Sewa App’ with e-content related to class 11 and class 12, as approved by the department of school education.
Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme Online Registration Process
Punjab Government is all set to launch a unique initiative in the form of ‘Mobile Phones to the Youth’ from December 2019. Under this newly envisaged scheme, Class 11 and Class 12 students from Punjab will be provided mobile phones.
Step to Apply Online Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme Application Form 2021
The Punjab government Free Smartphone distribution Scheme which is also known as ‘Mobile Phone to the Youth’ will automatically add all the college under the scheme.
Under this scheme, it will be the responsibility of the school premises to register their school under Punjab Free Smartphone Yojana 2021 , and the name of the eligible students in their school will be added to this scheme.
Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme Beneficiary List
A government spokesperson said that in the first phase, this financial year, in the 11th and 12th grades in government schools, those students who do not have phones will be given smartphones. After the successful implementation of first phase of Mobile Phones to Youth Scheme, the scheme will be extended to other students as well.
Required Document for Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme
Important Document to Apply Online
- Aadhar Card
- School id card
- Residence certificate
- Mobile number
- Passport size photo
Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Punjab.
- Under this scheme, girl students of government schools from 11th to 12th will be considered eligible.
- Ensure that these students do not suffer in the times of the pandemic due to lack of access to education.
- The scheme was aimed at providing digital access to youth.
- Through the scheme, Punjab Government is expected to help youth get information from websites, applications and digital platforms that can help them take informed career decisions.
- Through the scheme, youth will be able to get information regarding education and career opportunities, access to basic citizen services available through digital platforms and applications.
Key Features of Scheme
- Initially announced by State Govt that the first batch of the smartphones would be given to girls but now Chief Minister Amarinder Singh said both boys and girls of class 12 government schools, who do not have smartphones to access online classes, will be provided the same.
- The state government will fulfill yet another of its election promises and implement the ”Punjab smart connect scheme”, which it had announced in its budget for the financial year 2018-19.
- The cabinet had decided to distribute mobile phones to about 1.6 lakh girl students not owning a smartphone and studying in classes 11 and 12 in the government schools during fiscal 2019-20.
- The contract was signed with a company called Lava International Ltd. after an open competitive bidding process.