Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAAGY): Online Registration, Objectives, Key Features & Benefits
Pradhan Mantri Aadi Aadarsh Gram Yojana 2022
The Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana aims to transform the country’s villages with a high tribal population becoming models. Every village included in this would receive 20.38 lakh rupees to rehabilitate roads, schools, etc. Earlier, Government has modified the earlier scheme of ‘Special Central Assistance to Tribal Sub-Scheme (SCA to TSS)’ with nomenclature ‘Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAAGY)’ for implementation during 2021-22 to 2025-26.
Under this, the Special Central Assistance to Tribal Sub-Scheme -SCA to TSS scheme was brought. This scheme envisages making tribal dominated villages as ‘Adarsh Gram’. It includes providing access to basic services and facilities to the Scheduled Tribes to enable them to lead a life of dignity and realize their full potential.
|Name of Scheme||Pradhanmantri Aadi Aadarsh Gram Yojana|
|Implemented by||by Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|Beneficiary||Villagers with tribal population|
|Purpose of Scheme||Villages have to be brought up to the ideal level. and convert them into ideal villages|
|Will be converted into Adarsh Gram||4.22 crore villages|
Purpose of PM Aadi Aadarsh Gram Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana’s (PMAGY) main objective is to uplift tribal settlements to the optimum standard. From 2021–2025, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs intends to transform 4.22 crore tribal or tribal communities into model villages. Actually, 40% of the overall tribal population lives in the communities covered by this scheme.
- Creating a village development plan based on potential, goals, and necessities.
- Increasing the scope of state and federal government assistance programmes for individuals and families.
- Enhancing the infrastructure in key areas such as health, education, connectivity, and subsistence.
- The scheme envisions to mitigate gaps in prominent 8 sectors of development:
- Road connectivity (Internal and inter village/block)
- Telecom connectivity (mobile/internet)
- Anganwadi Center
- health sub center
- drinking water facility
- drainage and
- solid waste management
PM Aadi Aadarsh Gram Yojana Key Features
- Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana has been implemented by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana has been implemented to convert tribal-dominated villages into model villages.
- Amended this SCA-TSS scheme: The government has amended this SCA-TSS scheme. Now in the year 2021-22 to 2025-26, work will be done on this scheme with the name ‘Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana-PMAGY’.
- Deficiencies will be Removed: The main objective of this scheme is to remove the obstacles in the development of villages. Under this, major deficiencies in 8 areas of development will be removed. These areas include areas with roads, telecommunications, schools, anganwadi centers, health sub-centres, drinking water, drainage and solid waste management.
- The Scheduled Tribe people must have access to their fundamental services and amenities through this plan in order to equip them to lead. so that members of Scheduled Tribes can also live honourable lives and utilise their skills to the fullest extent possible.
- Focus group: It also adding up the reach of individual and family benefit programmes offered by the federal and state governments as well as enhancing the infrastructure in crucial fields like livelihood, education, connectivity, and health.
- Villages having a tribal population of 4.22 crore (or around 40% of the total tribal population) are to be transformed into model villages under this programme.
- Each village would receive Rs 20.38 lakh under PMAAGY to cover the approved works and administrative costs.
- The amenities that aren’t available in the tribal community for this sum. Or the lacking facilities will be completed.
- 1927 crore rupees had already been disbursed to the states as of this writing.
Furthermore, the Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana has been given the go-ahead to be implemented in 6264 villages.
- In Gujarat, 3764 villages in all have been recognised as part of this programme.