Short Info: NMMS Scholarship 2022: Online Registration, NMMS Scholarship 2022 Application Form PDF Download, Eligibility, Status & Selection, Amount, Fee, Last Date, Result and Apply at Official Website i.e. https://scholarships.gov.in/. NMMS Scholarship New User? Register, Login to Apply, Apply for Renewal, Search Institute/School/ITI, Scheme Wise Scholarship Sanctioned List
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Latest News Updates:
The National Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) has postponed its selection test up till further orders. The MP Education Department has also extended the last date for the Registration till May 15.
NMMS Scholarship 2022
The National Means Cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS) is provided by the MHRD, Government of India. The exam of NMMS scholarship is conducted by the State Council of Education Research Training (SCERT) for their respective state. It has been started for the welfare of students from class 8th onwards.
Under this scheme, 100,000 scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources. NMMS encourages disadvantaged students to continue their studies at the secondary level by offering a scholarship amount of INR 12,000 per annum.
The NMMS Scholarship 2022-22 scheme has financial support given to meritorious students. Students have to go through an NMMS scholarship 2022 apply online and offline process.
All Applicants who are willing to apply online application then download the official notification and read all eligibility criteria and application process carefully. We will provide short information about “NMMS Scholarship 2022-22” like Article Benefit, Eligibility Criteria, Key Features of Article, Application Status, Application process and more.
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Details
|Name of Scholarship||NMMS Scholarship 2022|
|NMMS Full Form||National Means Cum Merit Scholarship|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)|
|Beneficiary||Students of India|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance|
|Financial Assistance||Rs 12000 per annum|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
|Starting Date to Apply Online||August/September 2022|
|Last Date to Apply Online||August/September 2022|
|Exam Date||November/December 2022(For most of the states)|
|Issue of Hall Ticket||October/November 2022|
|NMMS Scholarship Exam 2022||January-April 2022|
|Result of NMMS|
|Apply Online||Registration Form|
|NMMS Scholarship Notification||Click Here|
|NMMS Scholarship Official Portal||Click Here|
How To Apply for NMMS Scholarship 2022
The application form of NMMS scholarship has been issued on the official website of the State’s SCERT. The selection of students award of the scholarships is made through an examination conducted by the State Governments. Scholarships are disbursed by the State Bank of India directly into the bank accounts of students on quarterly basis.
All Eligible Applicants who want to apply to this article then read all instructions carefully and follow the given below steps to apply online application form:
Procedure to Apply Online NMMS Scholarship Application Form 2022
Step 1- Visit the Official Website of NMMS Scholarship i.e. scholarships.gov.in.
Step 2- On the Homepage, click on the new registration option. Now you will redirect to a new page where you have to read the instructions and tick on the undertaking
Step 3- The registration Form page will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4- Now enter the required details (Mention all the details such as State of domicile, Scholarship category, Name of student, Scheme type, Date of birth, Gender, Mobile number, Email ID, Bank IFSC code, Bank account number, Identification details, Captcha code and other information) and upload documents.
Step 5- Click on the register option for the final submission of the application.
By following this procedure you can apply for an NMMS scholarship
Procedure To Apply For NMMS Scholarship Offline
Step 1- Go to the official website of NMMS Scholarship
Step 2- On the homepage, you Now click on NMMS Scholarship
Step 3- Now you have to click on the download form link
Step 4- After that, A NMMS Scholarship form will be displayed on the screen in PDF Format
Step 5- You have to download this form and take a printout of it for the fill the form.
Step 6- Now you have to fill this form by entering all the asked information like your name, email id, address, etc
Step 7- After that, you have to attach all the required documents
Step 8- Now you have to submit this form to the concerned department
National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) 2022 @scholarships.gov.in
The Centrally Sponsored Scheme “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)” was launched in May, 2008. It is implemented by the Department of School Education & Literacy under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at the secondary stage.
This NMMSS is run by the Department of School Education and Literacy for students of Class 9 who have secured at least 55 percent marks or equivalent in the Class 8 examination. The students will be selected on the basis of the NMMSS selection test. To be eligible for applying for the scholarship scheme, the annual income of the family should be less than Rs 1.5 lakh from all sources. The selection of students for the scholarships is made through an examination conducted by the state governments.
NMMS Scholarship 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
- All those students who have enrolled themselves for class 8th can apply for this scholarship studies as a regular student in a Government/Government-aided
/Local Body school.
- The candidates’ annual family income should not be more than INR 1.5 Lakh.
- For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII, the awardees should get clear promotion from class IX to class X and from class XI to class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST students)
- The awardees must obtain a minimum of 60 percent marks in Class X (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST students) examination or equivalent examination for continuation of the scholarship at higher secondary stage.
- Those students who are enrolled in NVS, KVS, Sainik School and private school cannot apply for this scholarship Those students studying in schools run by State Government with facilities like boarding, lodging etc cannot apply for this scholarship
Required Document for SCHNAME
Important Document to Apply Online:
- Adhaar Card
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Ration Card
- Passport Size Photograph
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Details
- Marksheet of class 7th and 8th
Objectives of SCHNAME 2022
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at the secondary stage. One lakh scholarships of Rs.12,000/- per annum (Rs.1000/- per month) per student are awarded to selected students of class IX every year and their continuation/renewal in classes X to XII for study in State Government, Government-aided and Local body schools under the scheme.
NMMS Scholarship 2022 Award
Every year the selected students are awarded a scholarship of INR 12,000 per annum (as INR 1,000 per month) for study in classes from IX to XII in State Government, Government Aided, and local body schools. Under National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship, the scholarship amount is paid by the State bank of India (SBI) on one go. The amount is directly transferred into the students’ accounts through Public Financial Management System (PFMS). Some of the important details of NMMS scholarship are as follows:
- The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month.
- A separate examination shall be conducted by the State Governments/UT
Administrations for selection of students for the award of the National Meanscum-Merit Scholarships in the States/UTs.
- These scholarships will be provided on yearly basis to the students studying as regular students in class IX which will be renewed for classes X, XI and XII. Thus the scholarships will be for a maximum period of four years.
NMMS Scholarship Scheme 2021 Selection Procedure
Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests:
(i) Mental Ability Test (MAT)
(ii) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
The students shall have a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in the Class VII examination for appearing in the selection test for award of scholarship (relax able by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular students in Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
|Mental ability test (MAT)||Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc.|
|Scholastic aptitude test (SAT)||Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.|
Duration of the Test: Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
NMMS Scholarship Result Declaration
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
(i) The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. For the SC/ST students, this cut off will be 32% marks.
(ii) At the time of selection for the award of scholarship the student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 5 % relaxation for SC/ST students.
(iii) The awardees should satisfy the eligibilities and the conditions mentioned in the
Key Features & Benefits
- The ‘National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme’ (NMMSS) is a Central Sector Scheme launched in May 2008 to provide scholarships for meritorious students of classes IX to XII.
- The exam of NMMS scholarship is conducted by the State Council of Education Research Training (SCERT) for their respective state.
- The selection of students for the award of scholarships under the scheme is made through an examination conducted by the State Governments.
- The maximum amount of NMMS 2022 scholarship will be a maximum INR 12000 p. a. No student will be provided more than INR 1000 per month as a scholarship.
- This scholarship will provide only to those students who are studying in state government-aided and local body schools
- The students studying in “Kendriya Vidalayas and “Jawahar Vavodaya Vidlayas” are not entitled to get scholarship under this scheme.
- Only those students whose annual family income is Rs 150000 or less can apply for this scholarship scheme
Helpline Number & Contact Address
The email id and the helpline number is as follows:-
- Helpline Number- 0120-6619540
- Email Id- [email protected]