Summary: Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme 2022 Apply Online – Free ST Bus Service 75 वर्ष पूर्ण केलेल्या ज्येष्ठ नागरिकांना एसटी मधून मोफत प्रवास Online Registration, Application Form PDF Download, Eligibility, Beneficiary List, Features, Benefits and Check Online Application Status at Official Website www.karnatakalms.com.
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme 2022 @msrtc.maharashtra.gov.in
Maharashtra Government To please the general public, the state government has announced free ST travel for senior citizens who have completed 50 years of age. On the occasion of Amrit Mahotsav of Independence, senior citizens who have completed 75 years of age will be able to travel free of charge in buses of the state transport service. Senior citizens above 75 years of age can travel for free by paying a zero value class ticket if they show any one of the identity cards issued by the Central and State Governments to the conductor Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Vehicle License, Pass Card, Election Identity Card and Identity Card issued by the Central and State Governments.
All Applicants who are willing to apply online application then download the official notification and read all eligibility criteria and application process carefully. We will provide short information about “Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme 2022” like Scheme Benefit, Eligibility Criteria, Key Features of Scheme, Application Status, Application process and more.
Table of Content
Table of Contents
- 1 Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme 2022 @msrtc.maharashtra.gov.in
- 2 Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme 2022: Online Application Form
- 3 75 वर्षांवरील ज्येष्ठ नागरिकांना एसटी बसमधून मोफत प्रवास 2022 – Overview
- 4 Maharashtra Launches Free Travel Scheme For Citizens Above 75 Years Of Age: Here’s How to Avail Service
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme 2022: Online Application Form
75 वर्षांवरील ज्येष्ठ नागरिकांना एसटी बसमधून मोफत प्रवास
The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Eknath Shinde, made the announcement through a message on Twitter of a new transportation system that is being referred to as the “Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme.” Under this scheme, carriers will provide zero value class tickets to senior citizens above 75 years of age while traveling by bus. Interestingly, this concession of free travel will be applicable to all ST services as well as Shivneri bus service.
Concession is admissible in all service types including air-conditioned, sleeper. Senior citizens above 65 years are getting 50 percent discount on state transport corporation bus services. Now this discount will also be applicable to higher class services like Vatanukuleet, Shayanyan and Shivneri.
75 वर्षांवरील ज्येष्ठ नागरिकांना एसटी बसमधून मोफत प्रवास 2022 – Overview
|Name of Scheme||Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme|
|in Language||ज्येष्ठ नागरिकांना एसटी बसमधून मोफत प्रवास|
|Launched by||CM of Maharashtra, Eknath Shinde,|
|Launch Date||August 25, 2022|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Maharashtra State Only|
|Major Benefit||Discount in Fair of Busses|
|Scheme Objective||Financial Help to Elder citizens|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Name of State||Maharashtra|
|Post Category||Scheme/ Yojana/ Yojna|
Required Document for Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme
Important Document to Apply Online:
- Must have identification card (PAN card, Aadhar card, driving license, Voter’s Card)
- Mobile number.
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Beneficiary Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Maharashtra state and a citizen of India.
- Must be in the age group between 65 and 75.
- Must travel only on MSRTC buses.
- The bus must travel only within the state limits.
Objectives of Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme 2022
In order to provide relief to senior citizens , the state government has announced free ST travel for senior citizens who have completed five years of age. Senior citizens who have completed 75 years of age will be able to travel free of charge in the buses of the state transport service.
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme Benefits
- The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) has said people above the age of 75 can travel for free on its buses.
- About 15 lakh senior citizens will benefit from the free travel scheme for the senior citizens of the state above 75 years of age and for all services including Shivneri of ST.
- At present, senior citizens above 65 years of age in the state are given 50 percent discount for travel in ST buses.
- Those eligible for this free travel scheme will get a fare refund if they had booked their tickets before August 26.
Key Features of Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme
- The state government of Maharashtra has begun providing senior residents in the state with access to a transportation service.
- On August 25, 2022, the Chief Minister of Maharashtra inaugurated a program under the name Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme.
- 34 lakh 88 thousand smart cards of senior citizens have been registered by the State Transport Corporation.
- The free travel facility can be availed by showing identity documents like Aadhaar Card, PAN card, driving licence, Voter’s Card etc.
- The number of senior citizens above 75 years is 14 lakh 69 thousand.
- Between the age of 65 and 75 would get 50 % rebate on ticket fares on select route select types of bus services operated by the undertaking.
- The special privilege is not available on MSRTC’s city buses. It is also only available for journeys within the state limits.
Maharashtra Launches Free Travel Scheme For Citizens Above 75 Years Of Age: Here’s How to Avail Service
The MSRTC said the free travel facility can be availed by senior citizens by showing identity documents like Aadhaar Card, PAN card, driving licence, Voter’s Card etc. However, this facility is not available for MSRTC’s city buses and will be for journeys within state limits.