J&K Ladli Beti Scheme 2023: The government of Jammu and Kashmir has digitalized the Ladli Beti Scheme in order to preserve transparency and reach out to the greatest number of beneficiaries. The Ladli Beti scheme, created and implemented by NIC, features a digital e-service that was introduced by Chief Secretary Dr. Arun Kumar Mehta.
It is a platform with a single-window where applications may be submitted and tracked automatically. Through this service, the applicant can check the status of his or her application. He receives full disclosure as to who his application reached. The bank will get both the digitally signed letters and the approved applications simultaneously online.
All Applicants who are willing to apply online then download the official notification and read all eligibility criteria and application process carefully. We will provide short information about “J&K Ladli Beti Scheme 2022” like Scheme Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Key Features of the Scheme, Application Status, Application process and more.
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme 2023
Jammu& Kashmir government started the ‘Ladli Beti’ scheme in the year 2015 for the welfare of girls in the union territory. Under this scheme, the government deposits financial assistance of Rs. 1,000 per month to the bank account of the girl for her welfare. This scheme is mainly aimed at girls from PHH homes or families who fall below the poverty level. The girls will get this support until they become 21 years old. In accordance with this scheme, the girl would receive a lump sum payment of Rs. 5 lakhs for her wedding once she turns 21. With the aid of this plan, poor parents would be able to educate their daughter and arrange for her marriage.
The Child Development Protection Officers can reject/return the application (in the event of deficiencies) or transmit the application to the DPO for approval within 15 days. Similarly, the District Programme Officer may dismiss/return the application (in the event of deficiencies) or transmit it to the Deputy Commissioner for approval within 10 days.
Deputy Commissioners may dismiss after documenting the grounds or approve the application within 20 days and transmit it to concerned authorities for financial assistance. In the previous 3 years, almost 1 lakh female children have been connected to the Ladli Beti Program.
Table of Content
Table of Contents
- 1 J&K Ladli Beti Scheme 2023
- 2 Ladli Beti Scheme, Jammu & Kashmir 2023 – Overview
- 3 How to Apply for J&K Ladli Beti Scheme
- 4 J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Form Download
Ladli Beti Scheme, Jammu & Kashmir 2023 – Overview
|Name of Scheme||J&K Ladli Beti Scheme|
|Launched by||Social Welfare Department of J&K|
|Beneficiaries||Girls born in below-poverty-line families|
|Major Benefit||Financial assistance of Rs. 1,000 per month and lumpsum amount of Rs. 5 lakhs for marriage|
|Scheme Objective||To encourage birth, education and welfare of girls|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Name of State||Jammu & Kashmir|
|Post Category||Scheme/ Yojana/ Yojna|
Required Document for J&K Ladli Beti Scheme
Important Document to Apply Online:
- Application Form KYC Standards which is to be filled.
- Letter of Parental/Guardian Approval from the Child Development Project Officer
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Beneficiary Eligibility Criteria:
- Females who were born on or after April 1, 2015, are eligible for the scheme. Any female who was born prior to the cutoff cannot create an account.
- Area-specific criteria: Interested parents must get all CDPO-approved paperwork. Documents may be approved in Anantnag, Jammu, Budgam, Kathua, Samba, and Pulwama.
- Parents who make less than Rs. 75,000 annually are eligible to participate. As a result, it gives those who are poor and in need more influence.
Objectives of J&K Ladli Beti Scheme 2023
The main objective of the scheme is to encourage the birth of girls in families and to provide financial assistance for their welfare. This scheme covers all the lower-income/ poor families and PHH categories across the state.
Benefits and Features of J&K Ladli Beti Scheme
- The Ladli Beti scheme is a state-sponsored scheme launched by the Jammu& Kashmir government in the year 2015.
- This scheme is mainly launched for girls belonging to below poverty line families or PHH category
- J&K Government would contribute Rs. 1000/month for 14 years from the female birth/account opening. UT will give Rs. 168,000.
- The benefit is being provided to all females born on or after April 1, 2015, whose guardian’s salary does not exceed Rs 75,000 per year.
- The beneficiaries are put into the daughter’s bank account through DBT at a rate of Rs. 1000 each month up until the age of 14, at which point the daughter would get an estimated Rs. 6.50 lakh.
- In Phase I, J&K Government may only contribute Rs. 1000/month (RD Account)
- Phase I (recurring deposit account) matures into Phase II (Cumulative Term Deposit account).
- No partial draws or foreclosures at any phase.
- This assistance will be provided to the girls till they attain the age of 21 years.
- Under this scheme, once the girl attains 21 years of age she will be provided with a lumpsum of Rs. 5 lakhs for her marriage
- After thoroughly reviewing the information, the Child Development Protection Officers have been instructed to either return the application if there are any discrepancies or send it to the District Program Officer for approval within 15 days.
- The beneficiary/parent or guardian must submit a ‘life certificate of the beneficiary (female child)’ attested by a gazetted official or the principal of the school/college where she is enrolled every three years and at maturity.
- As the plan is for low-income families, TDS is not deducted as long as the guardian/beneficiary submits form 15G/15H annually and has a valid PAN.
How to Apply for J&K Ladli Beti Scheme
After seeing the complete record, the District Program Officer, if he finds a deficiency, can reject it or send the application to the District Deputy Commissioner within 10 days for approval. The District Deputy Commissioner can also reject or approve the application. He will send it to the Finance Director of the Social Welfare Department within 20 days.
All Eligible Applicants who want to apply to this scheme then read all instructions carefully and follow the given below steps to apply online application form:
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Form Download
- First, visit the official website at www.jk.gov.in/jammukashmir.
- In the ‘Go Live Services’ area of the website, select the “Click Here to Apply for Ladli Beti Scheme” link.
- Following then, the J&K e services site’s home login URL will be released publicly.
- To register as a citizen, click the link. The page for CSC Digital Seva Connect will launch.
- You can complete out the online J&K Ladli Beti Scheme application form for 2023 by visiting any nearby CSC, logging in with your CSC ID, and then submitting it.