How to update Aadhaar card address online? – Online Address Correction: Check Status Aadhar Address Update Online : Update your Aadhaar Address Online, offline (Visit Near by Enrollment Centre) and Secret Code (Address Validation Letter) : Check Status Update online to Address Document (POA) Approval in Your Mobile Phone.
How to update Aadhaar card address online?
How to update Aadhaar card address online? : Aadhaar number is a 12-digit random number issued by the UIDAI (“Authority”) to the residents of India after satisfying the verification process laid down by the Authority. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident of India, may voluntarily enrol to obtain Aadhaar number. Person willing to enrol has to provide minimal demographic and biometric information during the enrolment process which is totally free of cost. We provide all details about “How to update Aadhaar card address online? Check Status Aadhar Address Update Online” and you can easily update your aadhaar address online. We here provide step by step process and get updated Aadhar Card at Your Home. Please follow the instructions carefully.
|Update your Aadhaar Address Online|
|Name of Organisation||Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)|
|Aadhaar Official Website||https://uidai.gov.in/|
|What Type of Information Update?||Address|
|Document Attachment Type||JPEG (Candidate Address Document) – Upload original scanned (with color scanner) copies of PoA document|
|Number of Supporting POA Documents to Upload||45|
|Service Type||Self Service Update Portal (SSUP)|
|Most Required||Mobile number must be registered with Aadhaar|
|Local languages to Update Aadhaar Address||Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.|
|Successful Submission||Receive a URN (Update Request Number) of the format 0000/00XXX/XXXXX|
|Card Type||Central Government Documents|
|Post Category||Update Aadhaar Online|
|How Much Take time to Update Aadhaar Address Online||15 days or (90 day)|
|Aadhar Address Update Online Link||Click Here|
|Check Status Aadhar Address Update Online||Click Here|
|Valid Documents for Address Update (POA)||Click Here|
|Official Website||Official Website|
|mAadhaar Android App||Click Here|
Aadhaar Card Information Contains
|Uniqueness of Aadhaar|
|An individual needs to enrol for Aadhaar only once and after de-duplication only one Aadhaar shall be generated, as the uniqueness is achieved through the process of demographic and biometric de-duplication.|
|Name, Date of Birth (verified) or Age (declared), Gender, Address, Mobile Number (optional) and Email ID (optional), in case of Introducer-based enrolment- Introducer name and Introducer’s Aadhaar number, in case of Head of Family based enrolmen- Name of Head of Family, Relationship and Head of Family’s Aadhaar number; in case of enrolment of child- Enrolment ID or Aadhaar number of any one parent, Proof of Relationship (PoR) document|
|Ten Fingerprints, Two Iris Scans, and Facial Photograph|
How to change your address on Aadhaar card online and offline?
|Steps to Change your address on Aadhaar card online and offline|
|Update address in aadhar card online : If you have recently relocated and are facing issues because your address is not updated on your Aadhaar, here’s some help.
As per the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website, there are two ways to update or correct your address on your Aadhaar card:
1. You can update it online
Updating Online Process:
How to Submit Aadhaar Correction Request Online – via UIDAI Website
Only those individuals who have registered their valid mobile number with Aadhaar will be able to update it online. Since online transactions are OTP authenticated, registering your mobile number with Aadhaar becomes mandatory.
You can only make corrections or updates to your address through the online mode. You need to log in to the UIDAI self-service portal https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/login.html to do this.
Step 1: Log in with your Aadhaar Number or Virtual ID.
Virtual ID (VID) is a random 16-digit number temporarily assigned to your Aadhaar number in order to facilitate authentication or e-KYC.
It allows you to complete the functions required without disclosing your actual Aadhaar number. You can generate a VID on the Aadhaar portal.
Step 2: Complete the Captcha verification.
Step 3: Click on ‘Send OTP’.
Step 4: Enter the received OTP in the field suggested and click on ‘Login’.
Step 5: The next page will give you two choices to update the address:
a) Update Address via Address Proof.
b) Update Address via Secret Code (this is if you already have an Address Validation Letter).
Step 6: If you select ‘Update Address via Address Proof’, then the next screen will show you your current address and then the option of entering your new address.
Step 7: Enter all the relevant details of your new address and click on ‘Preview’.
Step 8: You can either ‘Edit’ the information or ‘Submit’ it after ticking on the consent statement.
Step 9: You have to upload original scanned copy of the valid Proof of Address.
Once the request is submitted, you will receive an Update Request Number (URN). You can track the status of your address change/correction request online on the Aadhaar portal using this number.
Updating Address Visiting nearby Enrollment Center Process:
How to Submit Aadhaar Correction Form Offline – at Enrolment/Update Centre
• Bring original documents for Enrolment/ Update. No photocopy required.
Here are the steps to follow when submitting Aadhaar Correction Form at the Enrolment/Update Centre.
Step 1: Go to the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Update Centre, from where you can get the relevant form and fill it up.
Step 2: Download the form, fill it up, and then go to the Enrolment/Update Centre.
Step 3: Make sure you take with you all the relevant documents required to verify any of the corrections/changes you’re requesting.
Step 4: At the Enrolment Centre, you can submit the form to the operator.
Step 5: The operator will verify the information.
After the form is submitted, you can check the status of your change request on the UIDAI self-service portal.
Updating Aadhaar Address via Address Validation Letter:
Instruction for Online Address Update via Address Validation Letter Request Via Proof
Step 1 : Resident Initiates Request
1. Resident Logs in with Aadhaar
Step 2 : Address Verifier Consents
1. Clicks on link
Step 3 : Resident Submits Request
1. Logs in with SRN
Step 4 : Use Secret Code to complete
1. Resident receives the Letter and Secret Code via Post
How Much Take time to Update Aadhaar Address Online?
As per the UIDAI website, the turnaround time for updation is 90 days. Your update request will be verified by a UIDAI representative. Once your request is approved, you can download your e-Aadhaar by clicking “Download Aadhaar” on uidai.gov.in. Aadhaar letter with updates will be delivered at the updated address.
How to check Status for address update online in Aadhaar card?
|Steps to Check Update Status for Aadhaar Address Update|
|Check Status Aadhar Address Update Online : Check status of your online address update request using URN. You can also check status of your Address Validation Letter request by using SRN.
Twitter Tweet for Aadhaar Update Check List
If you are using the Online Address Update service, make sure that the document you upload is:
1. In your name
2. One of the documents listed here https://t.co/BeqUA07J2b
3. Entire document is scanned and uploaded as a single pdf file pic.twitter.com/ePH7WNgQjb
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) January 31, 2020
|POA (Proof of Address) documents containing Name and Address|
02. Bank Statement/ Passbook
03. Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook
04. Ration Card
05. Voter ID
06. Driving License
07. Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
08. Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
09. Water Bill (not older than 3 months)
10. Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
11. Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
12.Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
13. Insurance Policy
14. Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
15. Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered
Company on letterhead
16. Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution on letterhead or Photo ID having address issued by Recognized Educational Institution
17. NREGS Job Card
18. Arms License
19. Pensioner Card
20.Freedom Fighter Card
21. Kissan Passbook
22. CGHS/ ECHS Card
23. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
24. Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
25. Income Tax Assessment Order
26. Vehicle Registration Certificate
27. Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement
28. Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
29. Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt
30. Disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/ UT Governments/ Administrations
31. Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
32. Passport of Spouse
33. Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
34. Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/ State Govt. (not more than 3 years old)
35. Marriage Certificate issued by the Government, containing address
36. Bhamashah card
37. Certificate from Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc. on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
38. Certificate of Address having photo issued by Municipal Councillor on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
39. Identity Card issued by recognized educational
40. SSLC book having photograph
41. School Identity card
42. School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/ School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing Name and Address
43. Extract of School Records containing Name, Address and Photograph issued by Head of School
44. Certificate of Identity containing Name, Address and Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
45. Certificate of identity containing Name, DOB and Photograph issued by Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
Frequently Asked Question
|FAQ about Aadhaar Online Address Update Process|
|Ques 1: What details can I update in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP)?
Ans: You can update your Address online in Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). For other details updates such as Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar you will have to visit Permanent Enrolment Center.
|Ques 2: Is it necessary that my mobile number should be registered with Aadhaar while requesting for any kind of update?
Ans: If you are using online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) for update, your mobile number must be registered with Aadhaar otherwise you can visit nearest Permanent Enrolment centre with Supporting Documents.
|Ques 3: Where can I Update my Mobile Number?
Ans: You can update your mobile number by visiting a Permanent Enrolment Center.
|Ques 4: How can I submit my Supporting documents in case of online Self Service Update portal (SSUP)?
Ans: You will be required to upload original scanned (with color scanner) copies of PoA document as per the Valid Documents List. Refer Link for valid documents.
|Ques 5: I do not have any document proof of my address. Can I still update my address in my Aadhaar?
Ans: Yes, you can update your current address by requesting for Address Validation Letter with the help of an Address Verifier. Know about the process in detail from FAQs : Request for Address Validation Letter.
|Ques 6: How do I add my father’s / husband’s name to my address?
Ans: Relationship details are a part of address field in Aadhaar. This has been standardized to C/o (Care of). Filling this is optional.
Can I update my address in my local language?
In addition to English you can update/do correction in your address in any of the following languages:
Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
|Ques 7: I successfully submitted my address update request. How can I track this?
Ans: On successful submission of an online address update request, you receive a URN (Update Request Number) of the format 0000/00XXX/XXXXX. This is shown on screen and also sent via SMS to your registered mobile number. Use this URN and your Aadhaar number to track status of your Aadhaar update from: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus
|Ques 8: My update request got rejected for invalid documents. What does this mean?
Ans: The document you use for Online Address Update should be:
Ensure that you follow the above before you create a new update request.