Bank Holidays 2022 in India (State Wise) Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Delhi, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh: Full List of bank holidays in May 2022 | Bank Holiday 2022 Download PDF | Bank Calendar for SBI Bank, BOB, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, PNB Bank.
Full List of bank holidays in May 2022
The Reserve Bank of India, or RBI, prepares a list of bank holidays every year. This list includes leaves under three categories — ‘Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act’, ‘Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday’ and ‘Banks’ Closing of Accounts’. According to that list, there are 15 bank holidays this month on account of different festivals for different regions.
Check the list of bank holidays in May Month 2022:
- 1. May 2, 2022: The banks will remain closed on May 2 due to Ramjan-Eid (Eid-UI-Fitra) in Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram.
- 2. May 3, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of Bhagvan Shree Parshuram Jayanti/Ramjan-Eid (Eid-UI-Fitra)/Basava Jayanti/Akshaya Tritiya in all parts of the country except for Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram.
- 3. May 9, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of the Birthday of Rabindranath Tagore in Kolkata.
- 4. May 16, 2022: The banks will remain closed on the occasion of Buddha Purnima in Agartala, Belapur, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Jammu, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, and Srinagar.
Apart from the above mentioned dates, the banks will also remain shut on May 14, 2022 and May 28, 2022 due to second and fourth Saturdays and on May 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29 because of Sundays.
Check the list of bank holidays in April Month 2022:
- April 1: Yearly Closing of Bank Account — All over India except Aizawl, Chandigarh, Shillong, and Shimla.
- April 2: Gudi Padwa/Ugadi Festival/1st Navratra/Telugu New Year’s Day/Sajibu Nongmapanba (Cheiraoba) — Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Manipur, Jammu, Goa, and Jammu & Kashmir
- April 4: Sarhul — Jharkhand
- April 5: Babu Jagjivan Ram’s Birthday- Telangana
- April 14: Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti/Mahavir Jayanti/Baisakhi/Vaisakhi/Tamil New Year’s Day/Cheiraoba/Biju Festival/Bohag Bihu — All over India except Meghlaya and Himachal Pradesh
- April 15: Good Friday/Bengali New Year’s Day (Nababarsha)/Himachal Day/Vishu/Bohag Bihu — All over India except Rajasthan, Jammu, and Srinagar
- April 16: Bohag Bihu — Assam
- April 21: Garia Puja — Tripura
- April 29: Shab-I-Qadr/Jumat-ul-Vida — Jammu and Kashmir
- List of Weekend Leaves
- April 3: Sunday
- April 9: Second Saturday
- April 10: Sunday
- April 17: Sunday
- April 23: Fourth Saturday
- April 24: Sunday
Bank Holidays 2022 in India
Banks in India are usually shut on public holidays. There are certain bank holidays that are state-specific and some where banks throughout the country are shut. Here is the list of all the major bank holidays in India in 2022. For a more detailed regional-specific bank holiday list, please go the specific state holiday pages given here.
|1 January 2022||Saturday||New Year’s Day|
|13 January 2022||Thursday||Boghi|
|14 January 2022||Friday||Makara Sankranti|
|15 January 2022||Saturday||Surya Pongal|
|16 January 2022||Sunday||Mattu Pongal|
|17 January 2022||Monday||Kaanum Pongal|
|26 January 2022||Wednesday||Republic Day|
|5 February 2022||Saturday||Vasant Panchami|
|1 March 2022||Tuesday||Maha Shivaratri|
|19 March 2022||Saturday||Holi|
|10 April 2022||Sunday||Ram Navami|
|13 April 2022||Wednesday||Ugadi|
|14 April 2022||Thursday||Dr Ambedkar Jayanti|
|15 April 2022||Friday||Good Friday|
|1 May 2022||Sunday||May Day|
|2 May 2022||Monday||Maharshi Parasuram Jayanti|
|3 May 2022||Tuesday||Idul Fitr|
|16 May 2022||Monday||Buddha Purnima|
|14 June 2022||Tuesday||Sant Guru Kabir Jayanti|
|2 June 2022||Thursday||Telangana Formation Day|
|10 July 2022||Sunday||Bakrid / Eid al Adha|
|9 August 2022||Tuesday||Muharram|
|12 August 2022||Friday||Raksha Bandhan|
|15 August 2022||Monday||Independence Day|
|16 August 2022||Tuesday||Parsi New Year|
|19 August 2022||Friday||Janmashtami|
|31 August 2022||Wednesday||Ganesh Chaturthi|
|25 September 2022||Sunday||Mahalaya Amavasye|
|2 October 2022||Sunday||Gandhi Jayanti|
|3 October 2022||Monday||Maha Ashtami|
|4 October 2022||Tuesday||Maha Navami|
|5 October 2022||Wednesday||Vijaya Dashami|
|9 October 2022||Sunday||Eid e Milad|
|24 October 2022||Monday||Diwali|
|25 October 2022||Tuesday||Diwali|
|26 October 2022||Wednesday||Deepavali Holiday|
|27 October 2022||Thursday||Bhai Dooj|
|08 November 2022||Tuesday||Guru Nanak Jayanti|
|25 December 2022||Sunday||Christmas Day|
Note: All-India holidays include Republic Day (January 26), Independence Day (August 15), and Gandhi Jayanti (October 2). Festivals like Diwali, Christmas, Eidh, Guru Nanak Jayanthi, Good Friday, and so on are also bank holidays. Further, second and fourth Saturdays of the month are holidays.
Bank Holidays on the Second and Fourth Saturdays
In addition to the aforementioned bank holidays, banks also remain shut on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month. If a month has five Saturdays, the fifth Saturday will be a bank working day. Earlier banks used to work half a day on all Saturdays.